Tuesday, September 16, 2008

First Impressions

Arrived at VMWorld 2008. Even bigger than the last two I've attended. Predicting 14,000-15,000 people. Hot topics of the day yesterday were (as predicted) VDI. ESXi, Datacenter OS, and the gaglge of vendors here that have some type of supportive offering (thin client vendors, management toolset vendors, hardware vendors, and storage a plenty). It's interesting to note the buzz around competition again this year. All the sessions I attended mentioned something about Hyper-v. If I have the best Hypervisor around why would I continue to give creedence to my competition if they are inferior. I'll be looking into what competitive solutions are around and their differentiators.

1 comment:

Smogg said...

An impessive display fo the virtual world. Hyper-V....to ignore your competition is to deny that they exist. While they may be years behind VMWare,they are only a blink away in the grand scheme of things. IBM made that mistake with a small storage company named EMC years ago. The real future will be in the CLOUD. Pay attn here....